Tuesday, July 3, 2012

How Can He Be This Big Already?

My little man is getting so big these days.

We just bought a highchair and he is enjoying sitting in it with a favorite toy and watching while we eat dinner. 

He's also quite interested in toys and blowing spit bubbles on mama's neck.

He has learned to arch his back when I'm trying to change his diaper or put him in the carseat.

Speaking of carseats, he was too tall for his infant carseat and has now graduated to a big boy Graco convertible.  He looks a lot more comfortable in this style... but SO BIG!

He has begun to (loudly) express himself when something displeases him.

He is wearing 6-9 month onesies and 12 month pants.

He loves to move his feet (walk) while I hold him by the arms.  He will direct me where he wants to go.  (Usually to his toys or on adventure clear across the room.)

He adores naked time.  He lays on a sheet with some toys and kicks around there for a half hour at a time, happy as a lark.

He is finally enjoying tummy time.  He wriggles like a worm and actually manages to move about a foot in any direction.  I'm very glad that I followed my instincts and held off on "enforcing" tummy time when he was younger.  Neither he nor I was ready for tummy time at one month old!  He hated it.  He loves it now.  He has hit all his developmental milestones without forcing him to do something he was not ready for.

He has found his knees.  He pats them.  Next up: feet.

He loves books.  He sits in my lap and we read six (short) books a night before bed.  His favorite is Dr. Seuss "The Things You Can Think."

Every day with him is more of a blessing than anything I ever expected in life.





No comments:

Post a Comment