Tuesday, July 2, 2013

MAMA!

Dear Deacon,

Today was 104!  Having learned from yesterday, we did not set one foot outdoors today.  I didn't even do much cleaning (beyond stripping your cloth diapers.)  We played.  You spent most of the day wandering naked (sans diaper), having me chase you with your remote control car, building towers out of boxes, and playing with pots and bowls full of water.

I think you're going through a growing spurt.  You ate like a horse today!  A big breakfast, two lunches, dinner, dessert, and a snack of cheerios afterward.  You're also changing mentally (and emotionally) on a daily basis the past few days.  You wake up bigger, brighter, different.

Today you started finally calling me "mama"!  You always knew I was mama, of course, and you knew how to say mama... you just always chose not to.  You never needed to address me.  But today, every time you wanted to show me something, or wanted me to give you something, it was "maMA! maMA!"

The sweetest words I've ever heard. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment